Our crews work hard every day to keep the power on. We know you depend on us for power and we take that responsibility very seriously. As we continue into 2022, we reflect on the accomplishments of last year and our commitment to what matters most – our customers.
Here are a few highlights of the work we did around Central Ohio to improve your electric service and keep the power flowing last year:
2021 Improvements by the Numbers
- Inspected 83 circuits and 931 miles of power lines to find and fix issues proactively
- Completed 10,417 pole inspections
- Replaced 1,737 electric poles that were damaged due to age, weather or insects, and reinforced an additional 29 poles.
- Installed 65 sensors to help us better pinpoint issues.
- Added new smart technology to 68 circuits that automatically reroutes your power away from problems, like downed power lines
- Trimmed and cleared nearly 80,000 trees around power lines and equipment to help prevent power outages
Despite the ongoing challenges posed by COVID-19, our teams made significant progress toward our goal of better serving you by reducing outages across the region and increasing the resiliency of our systems.
This year, we continue our commitment to improving the reliability of your electric service. You’ll see our crews upgrading poles, lines and equipment to keep the power flowing to the millions of customers we serve. Watch for our April newsletter to learn more about the work happening around your area this year.
Watch this video to learn more about the work we do and see our crews in action.
3 responses to “Keeping the Power On – Our Continued Commitment to You”
Excellent report. Thank you for the update. We appreciate your dedication to keep power flowing with fewer interruptions. That enable us to work more productive ly and live more comfortably.
How can I get some assistance with fewer outages in my house because every time the power goes out every yr it blow my oven out when several come back on this happen two yr in a row I had to replace a new stove.
Hello Lakesha. I have passed your inquiry along to our customer service department and you should receive an email from someone shortly. Thanks for alerting us.